This week was a doozy. I was finishing up 2019 taxes and sorting out other financials for both of my companies. I felt totally and utterly wiped every day by 5PM and thanks to sleep largely evading me most nights, I felt straight up fried each day. It was tough. I’ve been really good at staying positive and finding silver linings but this week it was harder to do. The stress and anxiety I’ve been feeling felt compounded. I know next week is a new week and I’ll look forward to starting anew then. This weekend I hope to finish my latest book, deep clean my apartment and probably will do some more baking, too.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup (it’s a hefty one!) and manage a good weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Finished my 2019 taxes at long last and worked on a variety of other financial things which had my head ready to explode :).
- Updated the My Closet page of The Shop! All things currently in my wardrobe.
- Celebrated a few friends’ birthdays virtually!
- Spent time pinning recipes to try in the coming weeks. Cooking has become really therapeutic for me lately.
- Got to meet my new niece on FaceTime – *all the feels*.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Sephora’s sale is now on for Rouge members! I’ll have a full post going live next week and an IGTV to discuss my Sephora sale favorites but for those of you that are Rouge members – here’s a sneak peek at highlights: Clean picks of mine I’d recommend to you include my favorite nighttime moisturizer, my holy grail exfoliator, the mask I always travel with, this great cleanser, this primer/SPF combo, this talc-free setting powder, this eye cream, this awesome overnight mask, this mask I love when my skin is overly dry or breaking out, this every day SPF approved by my derm, this highlighter and this fragrance. And if you want more picks that aren’t clean-focused see the bottom of this post. Or check out my Beauty Shop.
- Some pretty new arrivals from Shopbop – all under $120. This top, this tank, these sneakers, this blouse, this top, this blouse, this jumpsuit, this dress, this skirt, these espadrilles and this top.
- Shopbop also just launched a ton of markdowns. I spotted my favorite Commando control briefs that I wear under summer dresses religiously, these classic Superga sneakers, this cozy sweater, this classic striped tee, these espadrilles I own, these great Levi’s (and this pair, too), this classic denim jacket, the striped t-shirt dress I love and wore in Paris last summer, these darling espadrilles, these pretty hoop earrings, my favorite slip-on sneakers I wear all.the.time, these chic sunglasses and this practical, wear-it-often bag.
- Lululemon just released my favorite Align legging in a jogger style – I ordered immediately! Also am eyeing these joggers that have a lot of good reviews.
- I’ve been living in all my cashmere sweaters. Now I am eying this cashmere hoodie from J.Crew.
- Also into this casual hoodie.
- Found stylish + affordable sneakers that look like my APLs.
- Love the style of this workout/casual top.
- Currently coveting all things cozy from The White Company selection at Chicute. This is a favorite brand of mine.
- I lived in this sweater all week. Feels like wearing a hug and I could use all those cozy feels right now. And by the same brand, I’ve been wearing this perfect Spring jacket for my walks on days where the weather cooperates. I wore both here.
- Sarah Flint, one of my favorite shoe brands, just launched their first ever online sample sale! Normally it is only open to New Yorkers in person but now the discounts of up to 65% off are available to all for the first time.