This week was crazy. I was extremely busy after taking time off last week and had momentum on both of my businesses to tend to, a busy week of apartment searching and just all around it felt like my head might spin off at any point. Frazzled is the word that comes to mind. I didn’t get much sleep, was fighting bad headaches and my anxiety was in over drive…Needless to say I am glad to have the weekend arrive!
I wanted to take a minute to say a quick thank you as – in assessing my last quarter analytics – I was thrilled to discover that last quarter set a new record for the most visits to wit & whimsy ever. That means the past 3 months were the highest trafficked since I started this blog all the way back in 2006. It has been a really uphill battle the past few months to create and reinvent myself and to see that you guys are in support of those efforts – I am just so happy and so humbled. Thank you, Thank you!
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and have a great weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I was blown away by the response of my custom stationery collaboration with The Illustrated Life! Thank you again for the amazing support!
- Had the kickoff call for a very exciting year-long collaboration that I cannot wait to share with you guys! It’s related to a topic that is very close to my heart.
- I cooked fish for the first time! I know, I know – I’ve just always been too intimidated to do it before. Friends recommended this recipe and it was delicious and so easy. I swapped the salmon for halibut though (I don’t like salmon!)
- Call me an audiobook convert. I have been loving my Libro.fm membership. I am making headway on a thriller called The Guest List. If you use this link to sign up and you’ll get 2 audiobooks for the price of 1 when you sign up for a membership that you can cancel at any time. Related: everything I’ve read in quarantine so far.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Well, after years of touting my beloved Eberjey pajamas, I finally tried the similar Target version you guys have told me you liked and I’m super impressed and kind of in love. In general I am not a fan of knockoffs but this style is basically everywhere now (following Eberjey’s popularization of it). I’ve washed them just once and they held up better than other Target clothes I’ve bought but that’ll be the true test – how well they continue to stand up as I think you often get what you pay for in that sense. But regardless I am super happy with them for now (and their $22 price tag!) I bought them in Black in a medium and they fit perfectly.
- Reminder that you can shop my favorite small businesses here and my closet here. I’ve also added a new Home shop with all my favorite home items, too! And if you’re curious to know what purchases other wit & whimsy readers have loved, look no further than the Reader’s Favorites shop.
- How pretty is this floral maxi dress? So easily dressed up or down.
- I love the feminine print on this ruffle top.
- The puff sleeve detail make this white top a winner in my book.
- This Commando underwear was one of my best buys last year and I donned it under a dress this week and was reminded why it is so amazing. Literally tucks everything in and smooths everything out so dresses and jumpsuits look way better on. Such a good magic trick in my opinion! The Medium is perfect on me and I’m going to order more pairs to have on hand no doubt.
- Hello new arrivals from J.Crew! I really like what they’ve been putting out this summer. I am eyeing this dress, this top, this top (love so much!), these shorts, this swimsuit and this summer-y sweatshirt.
- How cute is this gingham swimsuit? It looks like it’d be such a flattering fit, too! I always size up in this brand.
- This top is right up my alley.
- Here is an affordable Provence-inspired straw tote.
- How beautiful is this white dress?
- This summer top is so cute.
- Lululemon just launched a ton of items on sale! Favorites include these leggings, this top, these leggings and these joggers.
- This new jewelry collection from Madewell is right up my alley. I particularly like this necklace and this ring set.