On the road again! I’m heading down to DC this morning as Modus Hotels was kind enough to invite me down to check out one of their properties and I’m excited to spend time in the city as it is has been about 4-5 years since I’ve been in that nation’s capital! I had to fit five days of work into three days this week to accommodate my travel schedule but it was worth it! I maximized my time this week and am ready to spend a fun weekend exploring.
Just a friendly reminder that you can get all my new blog posts + a special curated end of month look back newsletter when you sign up here. Already on the list? Maybe you have a friend who would like wit & whimsy!? I’d love for you to help me spread the love! I am working hard to try and grow the reach of the blog to help continue support my 4-5x per week content!
Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for popping by to enjoy this week’s roundup and thank you for supporting w&w!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Flew back to NYC after spending a long weekend in California. The sunshine and friend time did my soul good!
- Announced my upcoming volunteering opportunity with New York Cares! I have one spot left in case you want to join. Details & sign up here.
- Took a photography lesson from my friend Julia. She’s a talented photographer (and the first friend I made through The Wing) and was kind enough to spend a few hours with me teaching me how to shoot in Manual mode. I used to know how to do this years ago but grew lazy and always shoot in Auto when I travel and it was driving me crazy that I no longer had the skill. I’m feeling empowered to try and get the shots right now Manually!
- Attended a beautiful breakfast with L’Occitane.
- I updated the Spring/Summer and Under $100 portions of The Shop! So.much.goodness!
- Got to get a sneak peek of the Camp: Notes on Fashion new exhibit at The Met. It’s fun and outlandish fashion and definitely worth a visit.
- Road tested these new Everlane sandals and you guys, they are so comfy. They feel like a socially acceptable slipper to be worn all summer!