Dress: Saylor Donna | Shoes: Steve Madden | Bracelet: ℅ Kendra Scott | Lip: MAC ‘Brick-O-La’
Just a full disclaimer, my birthday is on Saturday — not today! However, I don’t post on Fridays or Saturdays, so I figured I’d get this post up a little prematurely
Anyway — I’ve made it to Year 28! 27 was an amazing year for me — I picked up and moved to a new city, I grew my blog and business significantly, fell in love, traveled all over (San Diego, New Orleans x 2, Nashville and Colorado were some of my favorite destinations!) I’m incredibly thankful for all of the fantastic friends and family I have in my life that help me make my dreams a reality.
How am I kicking off the big 2-8? I’m headed to brunch with my friends on Saturday, working my butt off for the next few days after that, and then I’m flying out to Paris on Wednesday. I’ve never been to France ever, so to say that I’m excited is a bit of an understatement!
Anyway — how adorable is this little pink laser cut dress? I lucked out with the weather when I shot this — it ended up being 75 and sunny in Philly on the day of our shoot. If that weather could come back ASAP, that would be much appreciated! I think this dress would be a super cute pick for Easter, spring weddings, graduation season, etc. — it’s super versatile, and I love the longer length. If you’re in between sizes, I would size up.
Anyway, since it’s (almost) my birthday, I figured I’d share 5 facts that you might not know about me:
- Tenise is my middle name and NOT my last name It’s pronounced like Denise, but with a T instead of a D!
- I had my spleen removed when I was 8, and I have a pretty sick surgical scar because of it.
- My mom put me in ballet when I was 3, and I danced all the way throughout high school. My senior year of HS, my dance studio was invited to perform in Shanghai, China (which was my very first international trip!)
- I have no sweet tooth and I never crave candy, chocolate, etc. The only sweet I really like to eat is ice cream. Friends, if you’re reading this, please get me a cheese plate rather than a cake for my birthday, thanks!
- My elbows and knees are double jointed (which is probably why I have so many knee issues right now!)
Have a great weekend, friends!