Hello to the most incredible Fall breakfast you’ll serve this season! You and your guests will not be able to resist this deliciously simple Instant Pot Monkey Bread recipe!
This recipe now tops one of my all-time favorite recipes made in the Instant Pot. It is the perfect dish to serve while entertaining this holiday season. It’s truly an instant crowd pleaser.
What’s great about this recipe is it made with canned cinnamon roles and ingredients you likely have a home in your cabinet or pantry. What’s even better? If you or your guests don’t happen to finish off the dish, it’s just as delicious heated up the next morning.
I made this Instant Pot Monkey Bread recipe with apples (you can choose any of your favorites), but it would be just as delicious with other fruits such as mixed berries, bananas or peaches.
Also, I highly recommend adding walnuts and/or pecans (pending there are no allergies you need to be concerned with). The nuts in this recipe were a last minute add, but I am so glad we did. It added a good amount of extra flavor and crunch. If you’re feeling extra wild, you can also top the recipe with heath or caramel crunch. YUM!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! We’ll be serving this all season long!
RELATED POST: Instant Pot Apple Pie Moonshine
TIPS FOR MAKING INSTANT POT MONKEY BREAD:
- Mix together the cut up cinnamon rolls with the other ingredients until well coated. If you don’t you will end up with clumps of cooked cinnamon rolls instead of ooey gooey monkey bread.
- While I added apples to this Monkey Bread recipe, it can also be made with other fruits such as blueberries, peaches and bananas.
- For added flavor, I recommend adding pecans and walnuts to the recipe. I threw them in on a whim and was so happy that I did! They really added a nice touch. The deep flavor and crunch were great in contrast to the sweet and soft cinnamon rolls and apples.
- When you take the monkey bread out of the Instant Pot, let it cool for about 5-10 minutes. If you don’t it may not set-up as well and instead of having monkey bread, you’ll end up with a pile of monkey nuggets.
RELATED POST: Cocktail Hour: Apple Cider Sangria Recipe
INGREDIENTS FOR INSTANT POT MONKEY BREAD:
- 2 Cans of cinnamon rolls- cut into 8 pieces each
- 1 Large apple- cut into small pieces about 1/4 to 1/2 inches cubed
- 1/4 Cup white sugar
- 1/4 Cup chopped walnuts
- Cinnamon roll icing- included in canned biscuits
- 1/4 Cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 Cup of melted butter
- 1/4 Cup Heath chips
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup water
- Non-stick cooking spray
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT MONKEY BREAD:
- Cut canned cinnamon roles into small chunks, 8 pieces each
- Cut large apple into small chunks
- Combine in a bowl, cinnamon role chunks, apple chunks, sugar, chopped walnuts, pecans and heath chips
- Mix all of the ingredients until the cinnamon role chunks are completely coated.
- Spray the 6 cup bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the coated cinnamon role chunks into the pan, pressing down lightly to ensure the mixture fits in the pan tight.
- Pour water into the Instant Pot and lower bundt cake into the Instant Pot with a sling or trivet.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and move valve to seal position.
- Turn the Instant Pot ‘on’ and choose pressure cooker setting. Cook on high for 18 minutes and push start.
- Once the timer beeps, allow natural release for 5 minutes. Then quick release remaining pressure.
- Open the Instant Pot lid and carefully lift the bundt cake with sling and allow to cool completely before flipping over. I recommend 5-0 minutes for cooling.
- Once completely cooled, flip the bundt pan onto a serving platter or plate.
- Mix melted butter and brown sugar together and pour over Caramel Apple Monkey Bread.
- Can pour icing that came in cinnamon roll tube on top of that too and enjoy.