What better way to get in your veggies than with this delicious, keto-friendly and vegan Instant Pot Pasta Primavera. It’s the perfect dinner tonight! Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Our family cannot get enough of this yummy, veggie-packed pasta primavera!
It’s been our goal to create recipes for you that are as versatile as your family is! If yours is anything like mine, each person loves a little something different. Some of us are plant based or vegan, others are not.
What I love about this Instant Pot Pasta Primavera is you can change the ingredients out quickly and easily. Simply drop most of your ingredients in your Instant Pot, Pressure Cook and you’re good to go!
It’s the perfect yummy soup for these cooler temperatures! In less than 10-15 minutes, you’ve got a delicious lunch or dinner on the table for the whole family!
For all of my Vegan friends, you can easily make this dish a Vegan friendly one, as well. Simply replace the dairy products with Vegan substitutes and remove the half-and-half. We have tried it both ways and it’s still so delicious. Our family personally love the Kite Hill Cream Cheese and Banza Chickpea Pasta. You honestly cannot tell either of these products are plant based. You can typically find both at Whole Foods and many Target locations.
Now, let’s get to the good stuff – the details on how to make this crowd pleasing Instant Pot Pasta Primavera!
Also, if you’re looking for a few other Instant Pot recipes to try this week, here are a few of my favorites:
- Instant Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Instant Pot 5 Cheese Mac & Cheese Topped With Maple Bacon
- Instant Pot Turkey Mushroom Bolognese
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
TIPS FOR MAKING INSTANT POT PASTA PRIMAVERA
If you have been following the blog for any time, you know we really love recipes that are versatile. This pasta primavera recipe is absolutely one of those! And, it’s one of our all-time family favorites.
What’s great about this Instant Pot Tortellini Soup is you can change it up so many different ways. For examples, if you love some veggies more than others, great! Switch out as many or as few as you might like.
We made this recipe with carrots, red and orange peppers, cherry tomatoes and more. But, it’s so delicious with other veggies you might have in the fridge such as broccoli, zucchini, roasted red tomatoes, mushrooms and so much more!
Similarly, you’re welcome to add meat like an Italia sausage. If you don’t have or like Italian sausage, you can also use ground beef. Prefer chicken sausage? Go for it! Only have linked sausage? Add that instead! It truly is a soup you can make your own and still have it be incredibly delicious!
Last, if you’re not a fan of spinach, you can also choose to replace with kale. See, so versatile!
INGREDIENTS FOR INSTANT POT PASTA PRIMAVERA:
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green or orange pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded or chopped carrots
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves or quarters
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Pinch of salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper (you can also use regular pepper, if needed)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth (you can also use water or chicken broth, if needed. I also choose to use low sodium.)
- 1 pound of pasta shells (for plant-based or gluten free, use a chickpea pasta. I use Banza which is delicious!)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cups spinach or chopped kale
NOTE: This recipe can be made with any veggies of your choosing and still tastes delicious! It’s yummy with peas, broccoli, mushrooms, cauliflower, zucchini and more!
WANT TO MAKE YOUR PASTA PRIMAVERA VEGAN, PLANT-BASED OR KETO-FRIENDLY?
If you are looking to make this recipe a keto, vegan and/or plant-based friendly, simply replace the above ingredients as mentioned below.
- Pasta: The next time we make this delicious Instant Pot Pasta Primavera, replace the pasta shells with a more keto-friendly and plant-based option like chickpea pasta. I promise you cannot tell the difference at all. The chickpea pasta is loaded with 23 grams of fiber per serving. We really like the Banza brand which can be found at some of your favorite retailers like Target and Whole Foods.
- Parmesan Cheese: Swap out the Parmesan cheese for a dairy-free option. There are a number of good options at Whole Foods, Aldi and Target.
- Cream Cheese: We really love the Kite Hill brand of vegan cream cheese. It’s so smooth and delicious! Another product you cannot tell is non-dairy.
HOW TO MAKE PASTA PRIMAVERA:
- Turn your Instant Pot on and select the ‘Saute’ function on high.
- Add in olive oil, carrots, red pepper, green pepper, cherry tomatoes, pinch of salt and saute until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Once vegetables above are slightly softened, add in garlic and continue to saute for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Select the ‘Cancel’ function to turn off your Instant Pot and reset the cooking function.
- Add in vegetable broth, pasta shells, garlic pepper, dried basil, pinch of red pepper flakes (optional) and Italian seasoning. Once you have added the pasta, be sure to press the pasta down into the liquid gently to cover as much as possible.
- Secure the lid onto your Instant Pot and select the ‘Pressure Cook’ or ‘Manual’ function high for 5 minutes. Note, it will take the Instant Pot about 10 minutes to come to pressure before cooking time begins.
- When timer beeps, allow it to naturally release for 1-2 minutes the quick release all remaining pressure.
- Remove your Instant Pot lid and stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and spinach until evenly mixed together. Add more spinach, as need, as it continues to wilt.
- Taste and add any additional seasonings.
- Serve and enjoy!!
- Also, feel free to top with additional Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Yum!