Summer is here and we are ready for Instant Pot Corn on the Cob! In just 2 minutes, you can have this delicious side ready to serve with your favorite Spring and Summer meals!
Does anything scream Summer more than corn on the cob? During the warmer months, we eat corn on the cob 2-3 times per week in our house. And, while we typically like our corn on the cob on the grill, the convenience of cooking in the Instant Pot cannot be beat.
Don’t have acess to a grill? No worries. Cooking Instant Pot Corn on the Cob is not only so quick, but also so convenient. Simply add water, a trivet and you corn and you are good to go!
I love that I can place everything I need into the Instant Pot, cook and step away without worrying. This becomes especially helpful when we are putting together lots of other main and side dishes.
Now, lets get to the details on how to make these deliciously simple Instant Pot Corn on the Cob!
CAN YOU USE FROZEN CORN ON THE COB?
Absolutely, feel free to use frozen corn on the cob. The only thing to note is it may take the Instant Pot a bit longer to come to pressure.
CAN YOU PLACE THE CORN DIRECTLY INTO THE WATER?
I would recommend placing the corn on the cob either on a trivet or into a steam basket as opposed to placing the corn diredtly into the water. This will allow the corn to get an even steam.
HOW SHOULD I SERVE CORN ON THE COB?
There are so many great ways to serve your Instant Pot Corn on the Cob. For this recipe, I spread Boursin Garlic & Fine Herb Cheese. It adds so much flavor depth to the corn. We are big fans in our house! It spreads really easily and adds such a great twist. Here are just a few other great ways to serve your corn:
- Garlic, Butter & Herb – In a small bowl, melt your butter, add a bit of minced garlic and Italian Herb seasoning. Mix together well and either spread eavenly over your corn or add to the bottom of a corn tray and roll around.
- Simple Butter & Sea Salt – Shawn prefers his corn plain with butter and sea salt.
- Lime, Butter & Parmesan – Sounds like an odd combination? Give it a try! It’s such a good twist on this Summer classic.
- Mexican Street Corn – It’s covered with melted butter, chili powder, cotija cheese, and lime juice.
If you’re looking for other great corn on the cob recipes, check Pinterest. There are so many great options out there.
INREDIENTS FOR INSTANT POT CORN ON THE COB:
- 4 ears of fresh or frozen corn on the cob
- 2 cups water
- 3 ounces Boursin Garlic & Herb Cheese
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CORN ON THE COB:
- If needed, shuck the corn and/or remove the skin from your corn.
- Pour water into the bottom of your Instant Pot then insert your trivet or steam basket.
- Place 2-3 ears of corn onto your trivet or steam basket, then layer the third and forth in the opposite direction on top of the first two ears.
- Secure the Instant Pot lid and select the ‘Pressure Cook’ function on high. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the timer beeps, carefully quick release all pressure and remove the lid.
- Top with butter, cheese (like this garlic & herb cheese), seasonings and more!
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more great Instant Pot recipes? Here are just a few of our favorites:
- Broccoli Mac and Cheese || Instant Pot & Stove Top
- Creamy Chicken Stroganoff in Your Instant Pot
- Easy Instant Pot Jerk Chicken