This Chicken Tequila Fettuccine with creamy tequila lime sauce, onions and bell peppers is one of the most popular pasta dishes at California Pizza Kitchen. And, for good reason. It’s easy, simple, light and so tasty!
If you’re anything like me, you have a few go-to dishes at your favorite restaurants. This Chicken Tequila Fettuccine just so happens to be one of my all-time favorite pastas at California Pizza Kitchen. I’ve been eating it for what seems like years now.
Side note, if you haven’t tried the Zuppa Toscana Soup from Olive Garden or the Broccoli Cheddar Soup from Panera, both are AMAZING! And, the best news, both of these recipes can be made in your Instant Pot, too.
This weekend, I thought I’d whip it up in the Instant Pot to see if I could bring this favorite home. And boy was I shocked with just how delicious it was!
Chicken Tequila Fettuccine is light, packed with lime flavor and incredible easy to make in your Instant Pot. In less than 15 minutes, you’ll have a dish your family will love. Watch them come running to the kitchen for seconds!
Now, let’s get into the details of this irresistible Chicken Tequila Fettuccine! I hope you love it as much as we do!
TIPS FOR MAKING CHICKEN TEQUILA FETTUCCINE:
- If you’ve had the California Pizza Kitchen Chicken Tequila Fettuccine you know it’s typically make with all spinach fettuccine. I wanted to switch things up a bit for added color and choose to use 50% regular fettuccine and 50% spinach fettuccine. You’re welcome to use one or the other if you prefer.
- This pasta dish is as good the following day as a left over as it is the same day.
- You’ll also notice this recipe is made with a bit of Tequila. No worries at all as the Tequila will burn off during the cooking process so you are ok to serve still to kids, etc.
LOOKING FOR MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES? HERE ARE A FEW OF OUR FAVORITES:
- Instant Pot Tortellini Soup
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
- Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken & Shrimp Carbonara
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN TEQUILA FETTUCCINE:
- 2 small boneless chicken breasts, cut into small 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fettuccine, uncooked
- 1/2 pound spinach fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (I would recommend using low-sodium or liquid aminos to decrease the sodium count, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Tequila (any brand will do)
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup half and half or heavy cream (for reference, I used half and half)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic pepper (you can also use regular pepper, if needed)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced thin into roughly 1 inch strips
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced thin into roughly 1 inch strips
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced thin into roughly 1 inch strips
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Lime(s) for garnish
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TEQUILA FETTUCCINE:
- Turn on your Instant Pot and select the ‘Saute’ function on medium.
- Add olive oil and chicken cubes. Saute chicken cubes until slightly cooked on all sides. NOTE: You do not need to cook the chicken thoroughly as it will continue to cook during the pressure cooking phase.
- Once the chicken is cooked mostly on each side, spoon out of the Instant Pot into a bowl and set aside.
- With the remaining oil still in the Instant Pot, add all peppers and onions. Saute until the peppers and onions are aromatic and start to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to saute for an additional 2 minute.
- Next, select the ‘Cancel’ function to reset the cooking function.
- Add chicken, Tequila, cilantro, chicken broth, salt, garlic pepper, lime juice, soy sauce and pasta into your Instant Pot. NOTE: When adding the pasta to the pot, be sure to add in layers by making a criss-cross design. This will help avoid the pasta from clumping together.
- Place the lid on Instant Pot, turn on and select ‘Pressure Cook’ function on high. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Once pressure cook is complete, slowly move the pressure release valve for quick release and allow steam to fully release.
- Select the ‘Cancel’ function to turn off the pressure cooking, remove lip from Instant Pot and stir pasta in the natural sauce/water to break up the pasta. NOTE: do not panic if your pasta is not fully cooked. It will continue to cook as you add additional ingredients.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese and stir until contents are combined well.
- Taste and add any additional seasoning per your preference.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Garnish with limes, if desired.