WOW! This Instant Pot Cauliflower Tikka Masala recipe is packed full of so much flavor! It’s a must try! This recipe is so quick, easy and will have your family running to the table!
If I am being really honest, I wasn’t initially overly excited about making this recipe. Shawn (the husband :)) absolutely loves Indian cuisine and has been asking for me to make a dish for the last few weeks. I love spicy food, but have yet to try an Indian dish. I was so amazed by the amount of flavor was packed with each spoonful!
This has to be one of my new favorite dishes served up in the Instant Pot!
Like a lot of the other dishes we try to make for you all, this cauliflower tikka masala is incredibly versatile. For example, if you’re not interested in making the dish with cauliflower, but would prefer a meat instead, it is also so delicious with chicken.
Similarly, if you love your veggies, I think this dish would also be so delicious with the addition of carrots and peas. As a side note, I am also not normally a big fan of cauliflower, but this recipe made me a fan! You can hardly even tell it’s there! Try it and let me know what you think!
Now, let’s get to the good stuff – the details on how to make this crowd pleasing Instant Pot Cauliflower Tikka Masala!
Also, if you’re looking for a few other Instant Pot recipes to try this week, here are a few of my favorites:
- Instant Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Instant Pot 5 Cheese Mac & Cheese Topped With Maple Bacon
- Instant Pot Turkey Mushroom Bolognese
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
TIPS FOR MAKING CAULIFLOWER TIKKA MASALA
- This recipe is already packed with an incredible amount of flavor. However, if you want it to have just a tad bit more of a kick, add one additional tablespoon of chili powder.
- Because this was my first time making an Indian dish at home, Shawn and I stopped by our local Spices Bazaar for some authentic seasonings. It’s not a requirement, but I wanted the ingredients to be as fresh and authentic as possible. And, I’ll say it again, this Cauliflower Tikka Masala has so much flavor!
- This recipe is really versatile, as well. If you prefer to mix this recipe up, feel free to replace the cauliflower with chicken instead. Want to add a bit of added fiber. Throw in some Chickpeas, too!
- In order to ensure you do not get the burn notice, you will want to make certain your onions, garlic and/or seasonings are not sticking to the bottom of the Instant Pot. As mentioned below, when adding the initial ingredients, be sure to add a bit of water when you add the spices and stir regularly.
INGREDIENTS FOR CAULIFLOWER TIKKA MASALA
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (you can also use avocado oil)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground chili (add an additional 1/2 teaspoon if you want it to have a bit more of a kick – we chose to do so)
- 1/4 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 28-ounce can dices tomatoes, not drained
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup cashew cream or vegan/plant based yogurt
- Serve with: rice, tofu, or naan
- Top with cilantro or parsley (optional)
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER TIKKA MASALA
- Turn the Instant Pot on and select the ‘Saute’ function on high.
- Add oil, onions, garlic and ginger. Saute until onions are soft and slightly caramelized, about 3 minutes.
- Add in garam masala, tumeric, cumin, dried fenugreek leaves and 1/3 cup of water and saute for an additional 2 minutes. Be sure to stir regularly to ensure spices do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add maple syrup, diced tomatoes and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Add cauliflower florets.
- Secure the lip on your Instant Pot and close the vent to ‘Sealing’.
- Select the ‘Pressure Cook’ or ‘Manual’ function high and set timer to 2 minutes.
- Once the timer has beeped, allow Instant Pot to sit for 1 minute then release pressure fully.
- Stir in cashew cream and stir to fully combine all ingredients.
- Serve with rice, tofu or naan and enjoy!!