Y’all, get ready because this Instant Pot Apple Pie Moonshine is going to be your new favorite cocktail!
With the change in season right around the corner, I am excited to be kicking off a new Fall and Winter cocktail series for you all. It’s hard to believe the holidays are almost here, right? And, if you’re anything like us, we’ll be doing a ton of entertaining through the holiday and will need great cocktails to win over our guests.
What is a better cocktail for Fall and Winter than quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot Apple Pie Moonshine.
WHY DO WE LOVE INSTANT POT APPLE PIE MOONSHINE?
First and foremost, this cocktail is perfect for the season and very versatile. Apples are one of my favorite treats come fall and this cocktail treat takes like pure apple pie.
Making the Moonshine recipe was really seamless thanks to the Instant Pot. Simply throw in the few ingredients needed, mix and serve! But, what I love most is the numerous ways this cocktail can be served.
We will be sharing a few different recipes in the coming weeks, using the same ingredients and steps shown here, but here are a few of our favorite ways to serve this season:
- As a martini – yumm! Next week we will be sharing how we turned this Instant Pot Apple Pie Moonshine into the most delicious (and pretty!) martini you’ll serve all season. Sugar rim and all!
- As a gift in mason jars, as seen below. Whether it’s a gift for the bride and groom, a Father’s Day treat or a unique holiday gift for co-workers, this Instant Pie Apple Pie Moonshine is a must! If your loved ones love a good cocktail now and then, I can almost guarantee they will fall for this recipe. Wrap it with a cute bow and a label and you’ll party and present ready!
- A ‘Moonshine’ take on an old fashioned. Serve this cocktail over an ice block, similar to an old fashioned for an upgraded twist on an old classic. It’s such a smooth drink for men and women alike.
- Served as a shot
RELATED POST: Apple Bites || The Perfect Easy Snack
TIPS FOR MAKING INSTANT POT APPLE PIE MOONSHINE:
Before making this cocktail recipe, there are just a few things to keep in mind.
First, this recipe is made with grain alcohol, Everclear. If you have never consumed Everclear, it’s worth noting it is 190 proof alcohol so it is quite strong so we will want to drink it sparingly. When making a cocktail for your next party, or just a smooth drink to enjoy yourself, I recommend severing as a small shot or serving chilled over ice.
For reference, I made this cocktail for friends this weekend and severed in small doses. Even the men could feel the effects of the cocktail shortly after consumption.
Also, as noted in the instructions below, you will need to allow the initial ‘apple pie moonshine mixture’ cool after cooking in the Instant Pot before adding the Everclear and Vodka. Initially, the cooling process seemed to take quite a while. As a result, I out the Instant Pot pot into the freezer for an hour to expedite the cooling process. The content did not freeze at all, but did help move along the process of bringing the contents to room temperature. Just a suggestion.
RELATED POST: Cocktail Hour: Apple Cider Sangria Recipe
INSTANT POT APPLE PIE MOONSHINE INGREDIENTS:
- 10-12 Pint Mason Jars
- 64 ounces of apple juice
- 64 ounces apple cider
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Everclear
- 1 1/2 cups Caramel Vodka
- 14 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT APPLE PIE MOONSHINE:
- Combine both the apple cider and apple juice into your Instant Pot.
- Add white sugar, brown sugar, 4-6 cinnamon sticks, nutmeg and whole cloves.
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute feature to start warming the mixture.
- Once all sugars have been dissolved into the apple mixture, cover your Instant Pot lid and turn to sealing.
- Set your Instant Pot to manual high.
- When timer beeps, all the pressure to naturally release for 10-15 minutes.
- Open the lid and allow the mixture to cool completely to room temperature.
- Add in Everclear and Vodka to the mixture.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks that were used during the cooking process. This can be done using a strainer or a cheese cloth.
- Fill each mason jar with the moonshine mixture and add one cinnamon stick for added flavor.
- Close the mason jar lid tightly.
- Decorate mason jar with ribbon or twine. You can also add a cute chalkboard or marker label for an added touch or personalization.
- Sip and enjoy!