If you’re looking for the perfect side dish, these delicious garlic and parmesan Instant Pot carrots are just the ones that will delight everyone in your family! In less than 5 minutes, these carrots will have everyone begging for seconds.
Whether you’re looking to entertain or serving your family the perfect side dish, I can almost guarantee everyone you invite to your table will love these Instant Pot carrots.
What we love most about these carrots is they can be served any time of year. Serve them with your filet or chicken breast dinner this Summer or alongside your Thanksgiving day meal later this holiday season. Even the most picky eaters will love them.
I have to be honest, I am normally not a big fan of carrots. They are my least favorite veggie, if I am being honest. But, the boys in my house do so I decided to give them a shot. Guys, I completely fell in love. The garlic butter and parmesan cheese made these Instant Pot carrots a real winner. Not to mention, they are so easy and fast to make.
What are you favorite side dishes?
We also love Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts and Instant Pot Corn on the Cob. Be sure to give them a try, too!
TIPS FOR MAKING INSTANT POT CARROTS
- When making these Instant Pot carrots, you can either make them in a 7 inch form pan or you can create a makeshift bowl out of tin foil. I personally used tin foil for this recipe. When doing so, I like to double up with two layers to ensure it’s sturdy. Cut two large pieces and lay them on top of one another. Fold up the sides tall enough to ensure it completely covers both the carrots and the garlic butter mixture noted in the recipe.
- As for cook times, I cooked these Instant Pot carrots for 5 minutes, but my family likes them a bit more ‘snappy’. If you would like yours more soft, I would recommend cooking for 7-8 minutes instead.
Looking for more great Instant Pot recipes? Here are just a few of our favorites:
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Broccoli Mac and Cheese || Instant Pot & Stove Top
- Creamy Chicken Stroganoff in Your Instant Pot
- Easy Instant Pot Jerk Chicken
SHOP MY FAVORITE INSTANT POT ACCESSORIES
INSTANT POT CARROTS INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 pound baby cut carrots
- 8 ounces salted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces Alouette Parmesan & Basil cheese (optional)
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CARROTS
- In a small bowl, melt butter in the microwave, about 1 minute.
- Once butter is melted, mix in Italian seasining, minced garlic, garlic pepper and salt. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Add water to the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Place carrots and above mixture in either a 7 inch round Instant Pot pan or tin foil basket. Place pan or tin foil basket on a trivet and lower into the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid the Instant Pot. Select the ‘Pressure Cook’ function on high and cook for 4-5 minutes depending on how ‘snappy’ you would like your carrots.
- Once the timer beeps, quick release all pressure. Carefully remove the lid.
- Carefully lift the trivet from the Instant Pot and transfer the carrots and mixture to a serving bowl.
- While the carrots are still warm, mix in Parmesan and Alouette cheese until well combined.
- Top with any additional Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!