No Summer is complete without quick and delicious Instant Pot Pasta Salad. Made in minutes, this side dish is perfect for all of your Spring and Summer parties and dinners.
If you’re looking for an incredibly easy dinner side dish, look no further than this delicious pasta salad recipe. It’s made quick and easy thanks to the Instant Pot. It’s as easy as dropping the pasta into the pot, cook the pasta in just a few quick minutes, toss with your favorite dress, cheese and veggies and you’re good to go!
We serve this pasta salad recipe all Spring and Summer long. It’s a great vegetarian pasta salad, too. Whether it’s the 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, St. Patrick’s Day or just a need for a quick and easy lunch or dinner side, this is our familys favorite.
What’s even better is this pasta salad recipe is very versatile and can be made with any of your favorite pasta, veggeies, cheese and dressings.
We typically keep our pasta salad pretty simple by adding feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, bow tie pasta and zesty Italian dressing. However, from time-to-time we also love adding bell peppers, pepperoni slices and cubes of cheddar and pepper jack cheese.
Don’t love bow tie pasta? No problem! Feel free to replace with elbow pasta, rotini or any of your favorite pasta shells.
One of the reason we love pasta in the Instant Pot is how quickly and consistently you can cook the pasta. No need to boil pasta or over cook it. The Instant Pot cooks pasta perfectly every time. You cannot go wrong with pasta salad in the Instant Pot, all!
We hope you enjot this easy Instant Pot easy recipe as much as we do!
Also visit our Amazon Store here
ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO SERVE PASTA SALAD
While we made this easy pasta salad recipe with just a few key ingredients, there are so many great ways to make this amazing side dish. Here are just a few additional ingredients we love to put into our pasta salad:
- Red bell peppers
- Green or yellow bell peppers
- Cubes of your favorite cheese such as Pepper Jack cheese, Cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese and more!
- Black olives
- Pepperoni or Salami chucks or slices
- Red wine vinegar
- Balsamic Vinegrette
- Salt and pepper
- Ranch Dressing
- Hard boiled eggs
- Butter pickles or dill pickels
- Red onion
- Red peppers
- Italian seasoning
If you’re looking for some great side dishes, here are a few of our favorites, too! Each are really simple and can be completed in less than 10 minutes. We hope you love these as much as we do!
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Garlic Parmesan Instant Pot Carrots
- Instant Pot Creamy Parmesan Garlic Brussel Sprouts
Looking for other great Instant Pot Pasta recipes? Here are just a few more of our favorites:
- Instant Pot Creamy Cajun Sausage Pasta
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta || Instant Pot & Stove Top
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Tequila Fettuccine || CPK Copycat
TIPS FOR MAKING INSTANT POT PASTA SALAD:
When cooking pasta in the Instant Pot, feel free to modify the pasta from the recipe as noted above. Regardless of which pasta you choose, be sure to follow the cooking times indicated on the box of your pasta choice. Whatever the box says- cut it in half and subtract 2 minutes. For example, if the box says to cook for 10 minutes, you will cut that in half (5) and subtract 2. All together you would cook for 3 minutes.
CAN YOU MAKE PASTA SALAD IN ADVANCE?
Yes, you absolutely can! When I make this pasta salad recipe in advance, I cook the pasta as instructed below, add a bit of olive oil to the pasta to keep it from sticking together overnight and place it in the fridge. I then cut any veggies and cheese, cover and place in a fridge safe container. The following morning, I add the veggies and other toppings along with the dressing of choice serve and place in a serving dish.
INGREDIENTS FOR INSTANT POT PASTA SALAD:
- 1 pound Rotini pasta (you can also use bow tie pasta, elbow macaroni, etc.)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 large cucumbers, sliced and cut into quarters
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes, cut into halves
- 3/4 cup Feta cheese (feel free to add more if you prefer)
- Pinch of black pepper
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT PASTA SALAD:
- Turn on your Instant Pot and select the ‘Pressure Cook’ function on high. Move the valve to seal the pressure based on your Instant Pot model.
- Add pasta and water or chicken broth to your Instant Pot, secure the lip and cook for 4 minutes.
- Once the timer beeps, quick release pressure. If for some reason your pasta is not cooked to your liking, you can place the lid back onto the Instant Pot, pressure cook for an additional 0-1 minutes and release pressure again.
- Once you have released pressure, carefully remove the lip and drain the pasta.
- Once pasta has been drained, you can either run over with cold water to cool or place into the fridge.
- While your pasta is cooling, cut up any veggies and cheese and place aside.
- Once the pasta has cooled, add veggies, cheese and dressing of your choice. Stir or toss in a mixing bowls until all ingredients are mixed.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you try this pasta salad in the Instant Pot, be sure you pin recipe to your favorite Instant Pot board!