Longtime followers of wit & whimsy will know I’m really a lover of neutrals. I like to buy quality pieces that wear a lot of ways and often find pieces in black, gray and white to be the most flattering and wearable. That being said, I’ve been working on adding more color and pattern into my wardrobe – have you guys noticed?!
Recently I wore this red dress, this rose printed dress, this blue and white number, this floral dress and this blush + floral printed frock. Baby steps!
If I’m being honest, a lot of my neutral-preferences come as a result of my insecurities I have around my larger than average chest. A lot of prints or patterns or even certain materials or colors can look extremely ill-fitting or they can make my chest look even larger. I’ve spent the better part of the past five years trying to hide and minimize my chest and the easiest way I found to do this was through darker, neutral colors. They’ll probably still be my preference moving forward as it is what makes me feel most confidant and less self-conscious but I am making efforts to add color when I find the right piece! This blouse was such a pretty color and I thought it was different than what I usually wear so it inspired me to round up some other pieces in Fall shades!
More Fall Colors:
- I love the cropped fit + pretty green color of this jacket.
- I have two suede skirts (seen here, here) and love them and this one from H&M comes in so many great Fall shades! I personally like the burgundy and the green. (I also really like this one.)
- The "Terracotta" color of this sweater is so chic and could be great with black denim.
- The mixed patterns and color scheme of this sweater make it a standout.
- I have a couple Demylee sweaters and found them to be worth every penny because of how well they wear. Therefore I have this colorful one in my Shopbop cart!
- Another fun red sweater with great detail is this one. It is so unique!
- A silk button down is such a wardrobe classic and this one in the hunter green is striking. (I love this brand so much!)
- This sweater comes in a great green as well and a pretty rust.
Moon River Top (only $65; wearing a M; also comes in Cream) // White Jeans // Shoes // Furla Bag
p.s. what I packed for a weekend Upstate and Fall finds under $150.