I love the soft contrasting palette that oatmeal and washed black creates and I’ve been gravitating to it a lot lately. Here are a few tips for softening the contrast in a look:
1 – Go for lighter tones up top, which can feel less harsh around the face.
2 – Bridge the the contrasting colours with a neutral belt.
3 – Try matching your third layer (ie: a cardigan) with the lighter tone to build depth.
4 – Keep the contrast theme going with your outerwear and accessories.
Contrast exists in so many colour combinations. Have fun with it and see how it feels!
- CASHMERE COCOON CARDIGAN: Jenni Kayne | gifted | Full unsponsored review here. | Use LEE15 for 15% Off anytime.
- PIMA MIRCO RIB TURTLENECK: Everlane | True to size. | The colour I’m wearing is sold out but I just ordered this one. | These are a personal favourite staple.
- PERFECT LEATHER BELT: Madewell | Runs large. I sized down. | A personal favourite accessory.
- 90’s CHEEKY JEAN: Everlane | gifted | Washed Black | Wearing my usual 26 in this style but found the waist runs a bit looser than in the Vintage Mid Blue.
- LACE-UP BLACK COMBAT BOOT: Maguire | Discontinued style, similar style here and here.