It’s legging season here on the lake (aka winter) and to keep them feeling fresh I’ve been wearing my favourite pair with a very oversized white shirt, layered over a fitted white tee, with chunky black boots and a relaxed wool coat (in this case my camel coat).
The result is a look that feels easy-going but still intentional and sophisticated thanks to the high contrast in both the palette and proportions. Leaving a few buttons and the cuffs undone gives it an extra bit of nonchalance and a touch of gold jewelry adds the perfect amount of polish.
I love the Perform Leggings in particular for a few reasons:
1 – They’re a true black (and don’t fade after washing, even years on)
2 – The fit is very streamlined and doesn’t stretch or sag anywhere (without being too clingy)
3 – The waistband is thick and doubled for gentle compression (and doesn’t roll down)
4 – They don’t pick up lint or pet fur like other leggings.
5 – You can easily dress them up or down or wear them to work out.
- THE WAY LONG OXFORD SHIRT: Everlane | True to size for an oversized fit, I’m wearing a 2. | If sold out try a similar option here.
- CASHMERE CAMEL COAT: THE CURATED | Fits true to size. | In-depth review here. | Similar option for less here.
- SUPIMA MICRO RIB LONG SLEEVE: White | EVERLANE | True to size. | These are a personal favourite staple.
- THE PERFORM LEGGING: Everlane | True to size. I wear a Small and I’m a 26/27 in denim.
- CORTINA BLACK CHUNKY CHELSEA BOOTS: MAGUIRE | True to size. | Also sold via Madewell. More options here, here, here and here.
- GOLD JEWELRY: EXPLORE MY JEWELRY CAPSULE HERE