This blazer is one of the oldest items in my current closet. I bought it before I even started blogging (which was in 2013) and it’s held up all this time!
I think it’s a testament to investing in good quality and being particular about the cut and fit of a piece. At the time it was considered very oversize compared to the more fitted, preppy inspired shapes I was seeing but something about it just felt right whenever I put it on. It felt a little French, a little masculine, and very timeless.
Next time you’re considering a piece that may not be immediately on trend, consider how it makes you feel, because that’s what you really want to hold up over time.
This look first appeared in this post.
- LINEN BLAZER: old | Club Monaco | Similar on sale here and another great option here (waitlist open).
- PINNACLE TEE: Power of My People | gifted | True to size. Also comes in White. | Use STYLEBEE10 for 10% Off at POMP anytime.
- 90’S CURVY CHEEKY JEANS: Washed Black | Everlane | True to size but you may want to size down if in between. Fit comparison here.
- FOREVER SLIP ON: pr product | Everlane | True to size. Also comes in black.
- SMALL TOTE: old, Linked to a similar option.
- SILK SCARF: old, Linked to a similar option.