Lately I’ve received an influx of questions about my Polene bags and requests to review them! I figured the best way to start is with my most reached-for one, their No. 8 mini bucket bag, but let me know any requests for which to review next! In full disclosure, I picked out this bag as a press sample over a year ago and have been under no obligation to post anything. I love the brand’s attention to quality and details (see a video of how their bags are made), and have also bought a few items as gifts for friends & family.
Style & Size
As a little backstory, Polene was founded by 3 siblings in France and all of their leather goods are handmade in Spain. I gravitated towards their No. 8 bag right away, as the bucket concept feels vintage-inspired but with a chic, updated shape and useful top handle. As a mom on the go I also wanted something to wear hands-free, and mini enough to be comfy on my 5 foot frame (some crossbody bags feel too “clunky” and get in the way) but with enough capacity to hold the necessities and toddler snacks.
- Dimensions of the Mini: 19 x 18 x 18 cm ( 7.5 x 7 x 7 inches)
- Dimensions of the Classic: 24 x 22.5 x 22.5 cm (9.5 x 8.75 x 8.75 inches)
The mini and the classic come in 9+ colors. I have the “camel” which I’ve found to be very versatile for year round wear, but if the “beige” were available back then I would’ve had a hard time choosing!
What I Like
- High quality craftsmanship + leather
- Mini is a great size for a petite frame
- Unique design: I haven’t seen others with a Polene bag around Boston yet
- Versatility: can wear crossbody, on a shoulder, carry it on my hand, hook it onto my stroller
- Easy shopping experience: fast international shipping. Arrives in a beautifully packaged box ready for gifting.
- Shoulder strap is *not* removable. I would’ve loved it if this were possible!
- Top opening of the mini bucket bag is on the smaller side, even after opening up the drawstring all the way
The pebbled leather is very durable compared to my other handbags and fairly scratch resistant. I don’t “baby” this bag plus use it regularly around the kids, and it’s still in great condition. There are also sturdy metal feet on the bottom for protection.
What Fits Inside
My smaller wallet, sunglasses, small makeup pouch, iPhone, and two pouches or snack bars for the kids. This will not fit an iPad, and a long wallet might be visible from the top so I’d check the measurements.
See more outfit posts featuring this bag:
- 5 Staple Pieces, 10+ Combos
- Winter Outfits with Flat Boots
- A Few of Our Favorite Boston Weekend Activities
- How to Style Straight Leg Jeans + A Tee
- Style Tips for Camouflaging a Belly
- 3 Work to Weekend Looks
- North Shore Outing // Tip Top Tulips Farm