It’s going to be sunny and double digits today, which my friends, is something well worth celebrating where I’m from. Hence the appearance of my latest party top!
This look is challenging some of my conventional theories on shape and proportion and I’m loving the shake up. A voluminous top with wide leg pants? Okaaaayyy. A hip grazing blouse with a cropped inseam? Well, now, that’s just wild! And yet, it’s working thanks to a cinched in waist (high visual midpoint), an almost-nude heel (extends the leg) and the drape and movement of the fabric (keeps the look from feeling boxy).
True to form, this 10×10 exercise is already shaking up my ideas and helping me emerge from the tunnel vision I can get into with my styling habits!
Happy Friday, see you tomorrow with Look #3!
- LONG MAC COAT: Toasted Coconut | Everlane | True to size.
- IVY BLOUSE: Osaka Gingham | A BRONZE AGE | gifted | True to size. | I love this small woman-owned Canadian-made brand.
- WIDE LEG PANT: old | Elizabeth Suzann | Waitlist open |Try these or these in the meantime.
- GABE BLOCK HEEL CLOG: Bone | BRYR | pr product | Fit is true to size and great for my narrow foot. Still testing these out but I’m really happy so far.
- JEWELRY: GOLD PENDANT Attic Gold (Canadian made!) | Chain Bracelet is vintage, similar option here and here.
- SARAH BAG: A.P.C. | A personal favourite accessory.